Remember...

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Book Club Meeting

Well, we had our book club meeting last night. We had 5 of us there with the promise of 2 more at the next one. Only 2 of us read the book and we both loved "The Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale and were so excited to find out that it was the first book in a series of 4. So, Tara and I are planning to continue reading the saga. Also, it was fun to find out that Shannon Hale is a member of the church and served a mission in Paraguay. She lives in SLC and is married with 2 kids. I found a great website called swaptree.com where you can actually trade the books you own for ones that you want to read. I already have swapped two for two books on my book club list. One which is the book next on our list. Perfect timing. If you have books that you know you won't be reading again, trade them for ones you will.

Filming is going great. I always thought it would be fun to be in a movie, and I was right. It is so cool. I have to admit I was super scared during the first scene that I would freeze up when the camaras were pointed at me, but I have to admit it was much easier than I thought. I did make a few for the blooper reel, when I couldn't help but laugh at one of the other actors. Even though the movie will only be about 15-20 minutes, BYU will have a premiere night of all the senior projects where they rent out a movie theater and invite all the friends and family of those involved in the movies. So fun!

Just a funny tidbit...Chad loves Mr. Bean. He always says to me, "Mom, I wanna watch Missure Bean. Missure Bean!" I guess he loves physical comedy.

3 comments:

  1. I love the book list - I haven't read any of them but have heard of them all. I want to start reading more and to be honest, I might just use your book list, lol...my most favorist part? The "get a library card" part! Whoo whooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I had no idea that you had a blog! Will be fun to keep up on your goings on. Hope you are all well. Take care.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the Goose Girl series! and i always like to see what you're reading on Goodreads. didn't know you had a blog, candee - i found you through the Tanners, ha!

    ReplyDelete